A pocket knife is a small, compact, and simple object which most people would find insignificant to carry. But contrary to rational understanding, a pocket knife can be of assistance in various situations.
EDC or everyday Carry Knives are known to manufacture some of the best EDC knives under $50 that can be concealed inside a belt buckle, pocket, or a pair of shoes, unbeknownst to anyone. These knives cannot be carried on flights but have been proved to act as great self-defense weapons due to their sharpness.
Top 10 Best EDC Knives Under $50
Table Of Contents
1. Kershaw 1556TI Cryo II
Kershaw is considered as one of the most popular brands dominating the list of best EDC knives under $50. Kershaw 1556TI Cryo II is known to be the cousin of the well-known and popular model Cryo that has been designed by Rick Hinderer, an award-winning and world-renowned knife maker.
The knife consists of a stainless-steel blade, which makes it resistant to corrosion, long-lasting, durable, and hard. The sharpness of the knife remains consistent due to the material used.
Besides the blade, the handle of the knife is also made using stainless steel and is provided with a flipper or a thumb-knob to open or close it with just a single hand movement. The knife handle is also provided with an efficient lock bar. All the.se features make this knife into the list of the best EDC knives under $50.
- It is lightweight, resistant to corrosion, and durable
- It doesn’t require constant sharpening, and the blade remains consistent
- The knife has an inbuilt flipper to open as well as an efficient lock bar quickly
- It can easily fit inside a pocket or belt due to its compact and small size
- Due to low pricing, the tip of the knife isn’t as efficient as expected
- The design of the knife contains metal studs that prevent smooth movement and deployment
2. Ontario Knife OKC RAT II
The best EDC knives under 50 dollars also feature the Ontario Knife OKC RAT II is considered to be worth the greens due to its compact and small size, which is an up-gradation from the previous model.
The knife consists of a three-inch blade and has weight enough to be designated as an “every day carry” knife. The knife is relatively easy to use, small in size, and has a blade sharp enough to fulfill most tasks.
One of the many reasons why this enough is included in the best EDC knives under 50 dollars is due to its stainless-steel handle consisting of an ergonomic design. This design provides a good grip and control over the knife.
- The knife is small and compact; can be easily fitted in your pocket or belt
- The knife blade has a sharp tip that provides remarkable precision
- It is comfortable, convenient to carry, and is available at an affordable price
- The lockup is sturdy, durable, and robust
- The look of the knife is relatively average despite it being efficient and useful
- Jumping off the handle feels fairly aggressive
- The material of the pocket clip seems low quality
3. Spyderco Tenacious
Spyderco Tenacious is another knife that is featured in the list of best EDC knives for under 50 dollars. Unlike other knives, the particular brand is famous due to its large size and compact structure. It has the appropriate length with a 3-inch blade and an adequate weight of four ounces.
The blade of this knife is leaf-shaped and is made of stainless steel, making it resistant to corrosion. Due to the material used, the edge is sharper, harder, and much more durable. Sharpening of the knife isn’t a big task, but the knife does require sharpening from time to time, and hence, it is included in the list of the best EDC knives under $50.
The Tenacious has a big handle, which provides the knife a good grip and traction. It also has rounded and smooth corners, adding to the ease of handling the knife. The knife is also provided with a sturdy lock and a pocket clip that fits the pocket without tearing the material of the cloth.
- The knife is compact and large-sized with a sharp and hard blade
- The handle is provided with an ergonomic grip and smooth, rounded corners
- Due to the stainless-steel blade, the knife is resistant to corrosion and consistent for longer durations
- The pocket clip provided is efficient and does not tear into the cloth material
- The blade requires sharpening from time to time due to the material used
- Due to large-size, it cannot fit comfortably in small spaces
4. Cold Steel Pro Light Tanto
Cold Steel Pro Light Tanto has been included in the list of best EDC knives under 50 dollars due to its affordable price and the design of its handle. The knife consists of a three-inch blade of superior quality at an extremely affordable rate.
The knife is provided with a clip-point blade made of Krupps116 Steel due to it is incredibly resistant to corrosion, consistent, and durable. The thin blade penetrates through every material and is easy and comfortable to use.
The knife was designed by Andrew Demko, who put an enormous amount of effort into the design of the handle. The handle has excellent ergonomics and provides the user with excellent traction and a superior grip over the knife. As mentioned above, the handle is one of the primary reasons for the knife’s inclusion in the category of best EDC knives under $50.
- The knife is easily affordable
- The size of the knife is small and compact enough to fit into a little place
- The handle of the knife has excellent ergonomics, providing it with a superior grip and excellent traction
- The knife is made of a material that is durable and doesn’t destroy quickly
- The knife blade has to be sharpened from time to time
- The deployment and usage of the knife don’t seem smooth and easy
5. CRKT Drifter 6450K
The list of the best EDC knives under $50 also consists of CRKT Drifter 6450K for its simple design, effectiveness as well as affordable price range. The blade does not contain any extravagant designs, and this simplicity is its key feature.
The knife is small, compact, and lightweight, which makes it easier to carry and use for various purposes. The knife contains a classic drop point blade with a swedge, a hollow grind as well as a gentle curve. The tip is a point and sharp enough to be used for work, which requires precision and heavy detailing.
The handle has a comfortable grip, which enables smooth deployment, and the metal washers enhance the quality of the hold that the knife provides. The Lockback of the knife is sturdy, stable, and secure. Overall, this fulfills most of the basic requirements of every user.
- The knife is simple, small, and compact, with no unnecessary design
- The handle is provided with an excellent ergonomic design
- The knife blade is sharp and hard enough to perform various tasks
- The knife is available at affordable rates
- The knife blade requires sharpening from time-to-time
- The size of the knife seems to be smaller than necessary
6. SOG Salute Folding knife
The SOG Salute Folding Knife is one of the few knives listed in best EDC knives under $50 due to its efficiency and usefulness. The knife is of the ideal size that enables one-hand and smooth deployment. The black, hard-cased handle provides it a sleek, sophisticated look and is enough to attract a broad audience.
The knife contains a clip point blade that provides quicker, more specific action and can be sharpened easily. The handle includes a sturdy Lockback, which helps to make the knife compact while the ergonomic design of the handle is constructed using fiberglass.
This handle provides a comfortable grip and excellent traction. The knife is also equipped with a pocket clip to help you carry the blade quickly. This pocket clip is efficient and does not tear into the fabric of your clothes.
- The knife is available at affordable rates
- The size of the knife is ideal for one-hand deployment
- The blade of the knife is sharp, and the handle is ergonomic
- The material of the blade allows it to be sharpened easily
- The Lockback provided to the handle may be too tight
- The material of the knife seems to be of low-quality
7. Buck Knives 286 Bantam
Buck has been known to manufacture good-quality and efficient knives. Hence, it doesn’t come as a surprise for one of its models; the Buck Knives 286 bantam is part of the list of best EDC knives under $50.
The blade is lightweight, comfortable to use due to a short blade, and has a mid-Lockback, which contains various enhancements to increase the knife’s convenience.
The knife contains a drop-point blade without serrations. It also has a thumb-stud, which allows the user for easy one-hand and smooth deployment. The handle of the knife is made of black thermoplastic and contains grooves and contouring.
The overall make and design of the knife enable it to slice through quickly, whereas the handle provides a firm grip and excellent traction.
- The knife is available at affordable prices, and rates are negotiable
- The knife has a side blade as well as a handle of considerably low weight
- The look and design of the knife are sleek and attractive
- The sharpness of the knife enables it to slice through various materials, easily
- The knife size is more prominent than required making it less compact and challenging to fit into small places
- The blade seems unusually sharp
8. Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS SWA24S
In the list of best EDC knives under 50 dollars, the Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS SWA24S is also featured for various reasons. This particular knife is mid-sized, lightweight with a three-inch blade present. But the most critical aspect of the knife is its affordable price range.
The blade of the knife is made of a particular form of stainless steel, whereas the handle is a black aluminum one. The thumb knob provides easy and smooth deployment as well as a comfortable grip for everyday use. The design of the knife is simple and not flashy, having no pointy tip to tear into the fabric of your clothes. The blade is remarkably sharp and efficient.
The overall knife is resistant to corrosion due to the material used, durable, consistent, efficient, and easy to use with smooth deployment.
- The blade of the knife is sharp, durable, and highly efficient
- The knife is relatively affordable
- It is also provided with an efficient way to open and close
- The design is simple and has no possibility of damaging the pocket
- In some models, it is observed that the lock of the handle does not function properly
- The blade of the knife is sharper than necessary
9. Gerber Freeman Guide Folding Knife
One of the many reasons why the Gerber Freeman Guide Folding knife is featured in the list of best EDC knives under 50 dollars is due to its remarkable and top-notch performance as well as its significantly affordable price range. Even though this knife is slightly on the heavier side, it is compact enough to fit in small places like inside your pocket or belt.
The blade of the knife is made of stainless steel and is durable, robust, and sharp. While the blade is made of stainless steel and is resistant to corrosion, the handle is made of soft rubber to allow a secure grip and excellent traction. The knife is sharp enough to slice through various materials.
Even though the knife is more substantial than most, it is still featured in the list of the best EDC knives under $50 due to its efficiency, robust structure, and blade sharpness.
- The blade of the knife is thick, sharp, and efficient
- The price of the knife is low enough to be afforded by everyone
- The handle has an ergonomic design which provides it a good grip and traction
- The blade is resistant to corrosion
- Due to the thickness of the knife and the material of the handle, the blade is relatively heavy-weight
- The blade size is more prominent than necessary blade size is more prominent than necessary
10. Hoffman Richer HR-30
The Hoffman Richer HR-30 is one of the most significantly unconventional knives listed under the best EDC knives under 50 dollars due to its different structure. But the performance of the knife is unmatched and remarkable. The sturdy and robust design, the sharpness of the blade, and the overall efficiency of the model act as key selling points of the knife.
Despite the significantly low pricing, the knife shows remarkable performance due to its sharp, efficient, reliable, and hard blade. The design of the knife is also attractive enough to bring in a broader audience.
Du to the material used for its manufacture, it does not easily corrode and lasts for a long time. The blade contains sharpness, which is surprising to find in such an inexpensive knife. Due to the overall high retention of the knife, it is mentioned in the list of the best EDC knives under $50.
- The blade of the knife is thick, hard, and strong
- The blade is also remarkably and efficiently sharp and efficient
- The lock provided to the knife helps to lock the tool effectively
- The knife has no friction between its parts and opens smoothly
- The knife seems to be substantial due to its structure and material used
- The specific carry case for the knife is not available
Buying Guide: List of Features to Look for in the Best EDC Knives Under $50
Before purchasing a knife, it is imperative to list down your requirements, go through the list of the knives mentioned, and also analyze the price range. A knife should fulfill specific basic requirements and must have certain key features to make it fully efficient and functional. Some of the key features are listed below
The Sharpness of the Blade
The sharpness of the blade is one of the most important aspects to be taken into consideration while buying a compact knife. Every blade has its characteristic sharpness, and every type of sharpness has its purpose.
Hence, it is essential to choose a knife with the kind of sharpness that fulfills your requirements. Make sure the blade doesn’t require constant sharpening.
The second most important factor which was frequently noted in the list of the best EDC knives under 50 dollars is the make of the handle. The handle must be sturdy, lightweight, and should allow the user for easy and smooth deployment.
Large handles can restrict hand movement and hamper the overall performance of the knife. Hence, it is vital to have a handle that provides a strong grip and excellent traction.
Even though some of the knives listed under the best EDC knives under 50 dollars were slightly on the expensive side, the overall make and performance of those knives justified the price range.
Based on your requirements and the materials used, the price of the knives makes significantly varies. But one must remember to analyze the quality of the knife and whether its pricing is justifiable or not.
This was the list of the best EDC knives under 50 dollars featuring some of the best compact and efficient knives available in the market. The knives differed in their design, durability, materials used as well as price range. Hence, users must make it a point to go through all the knife types, analyze their various features, understand the requirements before making the final decision.
Continue Reading: Best Dry Bags in 2020