For someone who is very much into adventures and connecting with nature on an occasional basis, a dry bag is an essential part of your entire kit. As unpredictable as weather conditions are, it is always best to invest in the best dry bag before you start on your journey.
Whether you are planning to go kayaking, hiking, fishing, boating, paddle boarding, or any other type of activity that involves water, an essential backpack will not be able to safeguard your belongings. If you want to protect your items, go through our list of best dry bags and opt for one.
The dry bag will give you the opportunity of making the best out of your adventure. Whether you require a simple dry bag or a heavy-duty version, there is a dry bag for every choice and need.
Table Of Contents
Top 10 Best Dry Bags in 2021
1. Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag
Earth Pak has continued to rank the highest amongst the best dry bag category. This dry bag is made of 500D PVC fabric and comes in 8 different colors. It has a single strap and is available in various sizes ranging from 10 liters to 55 liters.
The dry bag also comes with a waterproof phone case. The waterproof case has a transparent cover, which gives its users the freedom to capture all their moments without ruining their phones. The cover is an IPX8 certified waterproof case.
The manufacturers of this bag recommend its usage during activities, such as kayaking, hiking, rafting, fishing, boating, or even when you are just spending a day on the beach. Owing to the dry bag’s durability as well as its quality, Earth Pak is one of the best dry bags and is a popular choice amongst end-users.
- A convenient shoulder strap helps you relieve pressure and also supports the load
- The bag comes with an IPX8 certified smartphone case, having a size of 6.5 inches
- Available in various sizes: 10L, 20L, 30L, 40L, and 55L
- These bags are reliable and provide waterproof protection for all users
- Sometimes, the bag unfolds, thereby letting the air escape and reducing the level of protection
- Lack of a double strap comes as an inconvenience to come, users,
2. MarchWay Floating Waterproof Dry Bag
The best dry bags also include MarchWay’s Floating Waterproof Dry Bag. This bag is known for its lightweight nature, along with its durability. The bag is made out of ripstop tarpaulin, which safeguards it from wear and tear.
One can use this dry bag to protect their items from mud, water, snow as well as sand. Its manufacturers recommend it as the best dry bag for surfing, canoeing, boating, sailing, paddling, kayaking, or just having a beautiful day on the beach
- For 5L and 10L, the bags have a single shoulder strap that can be detached. For 20L and 30L, the kit comes with double straps, detachable. The 40L version includes a non-detachable double strap
- These bags are made of 500D tarpaulin
- Available in various sizes: 5L, 10L, 20L, 30L, and 40L
- The dry bags are versatile and are simple to use
- By folding the bag, one eliminates the space which could have been used to store something
- The bag cannot be submerged underwater for longer than a few seconds. Its design only allows it to stay waterproof when it is floating. If it is underwater, the pressure might lead to water entering the bag
3. UniGear Waterproof Dry Bag
UniGear Waterproof Dry Bag is another bag that is featured in the list of best dry bags. This bag is made of 600D PVC fabric and has anti-tear as well as anti-leak features. These make it stand out from its other competitors within the best dry bag category. It protects items from dust, sand, dirt, as well as water.
UniGear provides dry bags which can be styled in multiple ways and come in nine different colors for users to choose from. The kit also comes with a waterproof case for your phone, which can fit a smartphone up to a size of 6 inches.
- For bags from 2L to 20 L versions, the bags have a single strap. For 30L and 40L, the kit comes with double straps. The stress points are reinforced with double sewing to minimalize the chances of ripping under heavy loads
- Available in various sizes: 5L, 10L, 20L, 30L, and 40L
- The dry bags are versatile and are simple to use. They even come with a 60-day replacement or refund period if in case the end-user is dissatisfied with the product
- Upgraded POM material of the bag’s buckle to Stogner
- It needs to be rolled quite a bit to guarantee to waterproof the items
- Lack of easy access pockets
4. SåkGear DrySak Waterproof Dry Bag
SåkGear makes it in the list of the best dry bags as it offers the most innovative dry bags in the market in terms of technology. The bag is made with 500D PVC, heavy-duty material to make it watertight. It comes with IPX6 certification. These bags can protect against water, sand, snow, and mud.
This bag comes in a backpack sort of a design, which makes it easier to wear and carry. The dry bags use the hardware of the Duraflex brand and provide protection again all kinds of weather. These are manufactured for daily use; thus, they are resistant to wear and tear.
The bags come in 13 different colors, ranging from light yellow to green to black. Its outer zips can be used to store anything from identity cards to keys.
- It comes in two sizes 10L and 20L
- The bags come with easy access to outer zips, which are also splash-proof
- The dry bags have a reflective trim around the pocket zippers. This makes it easier to find and retrieve in case it goes overboard. It also keeps the user visible during the night
- The bags have removable, as well as adjustable straps made out of nylon
- Expensive in nature due to its innovative technology
- Lack of a waterproof phone case
5. Leader Accessories Heavy Duty Waterproof Dry Bag
The best dry bags also consist of the bags from Leader Accessories. These bags are made from heavy-duty vinyl polyester trilaminate material, making them highly durable for all-weather and activities. It can be used during hiking, water rafting, skiing, and snowboarding, among other activities.
These bags come with adjustable shoulder straps. The waterproof dry bags can also be submerged for a few seconds. It equips the user with multi-purpose storage applications.
The larger bags come with adjustable straps, which make it easier for the user to transport them. The dry bags have high-frequency welded seams, making them sturdy for dedicated adventures. Thus, Leader Accessories’ dry bags are one of the best dry bags to use for heavy-duty applications.
- These bags come in 7 different sizes: 5L, 10L, 15L, 20L, 30L, 40L, and 55L
- These are available in seven colors for users to choose from, namely, yellow, green, black, blue, white, red, and orange
- The dry bags protect from dust, sand, dirt, and water
- Leader accessories offer a 30-day return and refund period to their customers
- The bags cannot be submerged underwater for long
- The bag needs to be rolled down a few times to ensure a watertight seal, thereby reducing the storage space
6. ZBRO Waterproof Dry Bag
The best dry bags also consist of the bags from ZBRO. ZERO promises 100 percent water resistance with their dry bags. These bags can be used during fishing, diving, boating, and kayaking, among other activities.
These bags are equipped with reflective lighting, which can be seen from a distance. The bags come with an outer mesh pocket that can be used to hold wet clothes, flashlights, or other tools. There is also a removable inner pocket. These bags can even be used during adverse weather.
- These bags come in 2 different sizes: 20L and 30L
- These are available in seven colors for users to choose from
- These bags come with reflective straps which help with keeping visible
- ZBRO offers a lifetime warranty along with a full refund in case the customer is not happy with the product
- The bags cannot be submerged underwater for long
- The bag does not come with an additional waterproof case that fits a smartphone
7. Sea to Summit Big River Waterproof Dry Bag
Sea to Summit’s dry bags is also included in the list of best dry bags. These bags are made from heavy-duty nylon fabric, which is further laminated. These bags are also abrasion-resistant.
These bags are highly durable because they are made from 420D nylon fabric. It also has a 10,000 mm Waterhead. These bags come with adjustable shoulder straps. The waterproof dry bags can even be submerged for a few seconds. It equips the user with multi-purpose storage applications.
- These bags come in 7 different sizes ranging from 3 liters to 65 liters
- These are available in five colors for users to choose from, namely, apple green, black, orange, royal blue, and yellow
- The dry bags are reliable and are made from TPU laminated, 420D nylon material, having a 10,000 mm Waterhead
- The dry bags have double stitched as well as reinforced seams
- The bags appear to be lacking a strap
8. SealLine Baja Waterproof Dry Bag
SealLine’s Dry Bags are a popular choice amongst end-users, making them one a part of the best dry bags list. The users prefer it owing to its durability as well as the reliability, in terms of protection.
These bags are made of vinyl fabric and, thus, are suitable for heavy-duty applications. The dry bags offer protection from all kinds of wear and tear-related activities, ranging from motorcycle touring to river running.
The dry bag is waterproof as well as double-stitched, thereby enforcing water resistance. The bags are highly durable and come in various sizes. Thus, users have a lot of options to choose from. These bags are characteristic owing to their space-saving nature.
- These bags come in various sizes ranging from 5 liters to 55 liters
- These are available in four colors, namely, black, olive, red, and yellow
- The dry bags have a D-ring, which allows the user to secure them onto a raft, for instance
- The bags have a vinyl enforced side as well as the bottom
- The bags do not seem to have straps
9. Adventure Lion Premium Waterproof Dry Bag
Another popular choice is the best dry bags category is the Adventure Lion’s Premium Waterproof Dry Bag. These bags can be used during activities, such as kayaking, boating, or camping. The dry bags of Adventure Lion comes with guaranteed reliability as well as durability. These bags can be used in all weathers.
The 5L and 10L versions come with XL straps, which are also adjustable. The 20L versions come with an additional handle. The 40L dry back comes with a second strap also.
These bags are made of 500D polymer fabric, having a strong resistance to wear and tear. They also have floating capabilities
- These bags come in 4 different sizes: 5L, 10L, 20L, and 40L
- These are available in five colors for users to choose from, namely, yellow, green, black, blue, and red
- These bags are easy to transport with adjustable straps and handles
- These bags come with a lifetime warranty
- The bags cannot be used to protect your smartphones, cameras, or other electronic devices. Another layer of protection needs to be added
10. Outdoor Research Ultralight Dry Bag
The best dry bag list also consists of Outdoor Research Ultralight Dry Bags. These are made for 100 percent polyester material. These are waterproof and are entirely seam-taped, which are lightweight because of the materials used.
These are available in various sizes ranging from 5 liters to 55 liters. The bags have internal zipped pockets which can be used to store small items, such as keys, cards, etc. The dry bags also have roll-top waterproof closures.
These bags are versatile products made with innovative materials to offer their end-users maximum comfort while they are using them.
- These bags come in different sizes ranging from 5L to 55L
- These are available in various colors for users can choose from. Some of these include brown, white, black, blue, yellow, and others
- The bags are made from 40D silyl fabric
- The bags are waterproof as well as lightweight
- The bags do not seem to have straps in the smaller versions
- The bags have taped seams instead of welded seams. These are not as secure as compared to their other counterparts
Buying Guide: List of Features to Look for in Best Dry Bag
The best dry bags can be selected based on a few pointers mentioned below. These pointers are crucial and need to be given serious thought before purchasing the best dry bag for you. A buying guide helps you realize the prudent features of a dry bag to factor in.
Material or Fabric
The best fabric for dry bags is nylon and vinyl. Some bags have a combination of both. Nylon is lighter, while plastic is better for waterproofing, thereby becoming heavier.
The size you select depends on what you are going to be using the dry bag for. It also depends on what all you will be putting in the bag.
Pockets provide a lot of conveniences. You will appreciate them all the more if you are traveling for a long time. They provide extra protection for small things like keys, cash, cards, etc.
Straps help reduce the pressure on you and distribute it. If you are selecting a bag of higher capacity, you should go for a double-strapped bag. If the container is of higher capacity, it is better if you can wear it like a backpack.
The best dry bags help you protect your items, such as clothes, electronics, cars, and keys, among others. The dry bag market is witnessing significant demand right now and has some good players in it. A lightweight, double-seamed, durable dry bag is always an excellent addition to your kit when you are heading off for an adventure.
Continue Reading: Best Air Mattress for Camping